Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 44 Next: [GZG] First Person View

Re: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,

From: VinsFullThrust@a...
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:40:23 EDT
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,

In a message dated 8/31/2005 12:45:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
oerjan.ariander@telia.com writes:

>I  rather liked the NI and JPN ships when they came out, but I don't
care
>for the ESU ships having the same sort of "multi level" structure as
the
>JPN ships.  Too radical a change from the old designs for my  taste.

That's a bit surprising, since the ESU used this kind of  "multi-level"
structure long before the NI and IJN did - the old ESU BC,  BB, BDN and
CVL
were all designed in this fashion, with the bridge section  mounted
below
and forward of the main hull. The only "radical" thing about  *this*
particular change is that it has now spread to the other ESU ship  sizes
as
well...

Regards,

Oerjan

Not nearly as dramatic as the IJN ships are. If you look them over, IJN
DDs
are eve leveled, where the ESU doest. ESU doesnt do anythign liek that
util BC
 size, and then it aint really level layered more jsut stacked	over...

Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 44 Next: [GZG] First Person View