Prev: Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID Next: Re: [GZG] Hey Oerjan!

Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:32:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID

The entire friend foe recognition thing is not made easier when one's
allies purchase enemy equipment. As happened in Kuwait in 1995
where they bought lots of  the Yugoslav T 72 knock offs and BMP3s!
This lead to a funny  (from our sides point of view) incident where the
Kuwaiti column moved  close to our lines and every M1 and Bradley
tracked them as they went by. Despite the best efforts of the command
to rein them in (as they had full combat loads of ammo) on the radio,
the turrets only stooped moving when the Kuwaiti column moved  on.

I know the Kuwaiti units had a collective sphincter check...........

Don

Prev: Re: [GZG] Vehicle ID Next: Re: [GZG] Hey Oerjan!