Prev: [GZG] Re: Moving on, literally Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Moving on, literally

[GZG] Re: New GZG starships!

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 06:53:26 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Re: New GZG starships!

On 8/27/05, Büky Ákos <catinator@freemail.hu> wrote:

> Allan Goodall <awgoodall@gmail.com> írta:
>
> > On 8/26/05, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
> > <gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:04:49 +0100
> > > From: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
> > > How would you have liked them to look, Allan? Any constructive
> > > comments may be taken on board with the rest of the new fleet.
> >
> > Okay, since you asked...
> >
> > I don't like how the teardrop front section of the NAC ship has been
> > obscured with bits sticking out of it. The original NAC ships had a
> > clean, streamlined teardrop section. The new ones, with bits
sticking
> > out, seem almost to be a throw back to an _older_ design, not a
later
> > design. It's hard to tell, in some shots, that it's even a teardrop
> > shape.
> >
> > The surface of the NAC teardrops were always fairly smooth, though
> > with a lot of detail. The new ship has cylinders and what-not on the
> > surface. I prefer the flatter, smoother look. FT107 has some
cylinders
> > on it, but on the main hull, not on the teardrop. Again, it looks
like
> > it's going backwards, not forwards, in design philosophy.
>
> I second that. A smoother front section would be better.

I toss in a vote in favor of smooth as well, HOWEVER, aren't these
ships being )hurridly) constructed in the middle of the Xeno War? I
think the PSB would then be that there was really no time for
sleekness, only function, and the fiddly bits around are supposed to
be functional things that weren't 'melted' into a smooth hull.

Well, one way of looking at it, anyway. ;-)  The other is that the NAC
got a retro designer to go along with the K'V power armor. *grin*

Mk

Prev: [GZG] Re: Moving on, literally Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Moving on, literally