Prev: Re: [GZG] Model Planets and figs Next: [GZG] FT Quick reference sheet.

Re: [GZG] Model Planets and figs

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:52:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Model Planets and figs

I pretty much agree, though things like packing inserts, with GREAT
shapes
for buildings/ruins/etc, are generally bead styro, and that can have
pesky
beads floating around, electrostatically sticking in all the wrong
places.

I've wanted a hot wire 'mitre' to be able to do consistently angled
bevels.
I've never been able to give my 'collapsible' terrain a proper try.

Roger wrote on 08/18/2005 09:23:32 AM:

> I've never had a problem with messy styrofoam.  If you u
> se a hot wire cutter
> you have a few strings to clean and no mess.	I have had the urge to
> make a hot wire mitre "saw" for making perfectly straight cuts.
>
> Roger Books

Ok, once again demonstrating ignorance du plastic, isn't styro merely
foamed polystyrene? What makes styrene poly, then? Oh, nevermind, as
this
is going WAY OT. I'll just go Googleing.

Chris wrote on 08/18/2005 09:41:44 AM:

> > Could he have been referring to avoiding cutting styro
> when he said 'and
> less messy than polystyrene'?
>
> Probably, because polystyrene is smelly and fragile but not messy...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Model Planets and figs Next: [GZG] FT Quick reference sheet.