Prev: Re: [GZG] AUs, Gravity wells and FTL Next: Re: [GZG] AUs, Gravity wells and FTL

RE: [GZG] AUs, Gravity wells and FTL

From: "R. Bryett" <rbryett@m...>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 22:46:04 +1000
Subject: RE: [GZG] AUs, Gravity wells and FTL

radius of Earth orbit, eg approx 93 million miles. <<<<

The Earth's orbit doesn't *have* a radius, because it's not a circle.
The
Astronomical Unit is roughly the mean distance from the Earth to the
Sun,
and it is an arbitrary unit relating purely to our local solar system.
For
more detail, including the formal definition (which doesn't refer to the
Earth's orbit at all, go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomical_unit

Best regards, Robert Bryett.
mailto:rbryett@mail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] AUs, Gravity wells and FTL Next: Re: [GZG] AUs, Gravity wells and FTL