Prev: Re: [GZG] Resources Next: Re: [GZG] Resources

[GZG] Re: Re: Resources

From: Fred Kiesche <godel2escher2bach@y...>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:53:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [GZG] Re: Re: Resources

Greetings:

Well, as the man said, YMMV. I've also got stuff on
other nations, but those are the titles I recalled off
the top of my head.

For example, I have a pile of books on various wars
between Israel and various other countries (I'm an
ex-tanker. If it is a book about tanks, I'll buy
it...). Alas, most are from a pretty big picture POV.

As for older books "going out of date", I have to
disagree. Many of the basic principles set down 200 or
more years ago are still valid today. Sun Tzu's
specific methods of fighting (swords, etc.) may not be
used today, but many principles can be used in modern
warfare. The same is true of Clauswitz or Patton or
Rommel or Schwartzkopf or Franks...

Strategy Page? What can I say, I'm a US-centric kind
of guy, being an ex-US Army kind of person.

;)

Fred Kiesche (FPK3)

My books are water; those of great geniuses are wine. Everybody drinks
water. (Mark Twain, "Notebook")

Science, science fiction and more. See The Eternal Golden Braid.
(http://theeternalgoldenbraid.blogspot.com/)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Resources Next: Re: [GZG] Resources