Prev: Re: [GZG] [DSII] Precision Strike Next: Re: Req for examples Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG SUMMER SALE OFFERS!

Re: Req for examples Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG SUMMER SALE OFFERS!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:49:48 +0100
Subject: Re: Req for examples Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG SUMMER SALE OFFERS!

>Paul, I haven't seen this on the site yet; not pushing or anything,
just
>thought you might not mind the reminder. Or, I need directions.

It's up there - just click on the HUGE link on the front page of the
store!	;-)

>Jon, may I also suggest you give some examples of savings to the list?
And,
>include approximate shippage to the USA.

For smaller orders, the VAT deduction goes a long way to covering the
shipping cost - so in total you pay something near the list price
(less the sale discount of course!). For larger orders the shipping
goes up a bit, mainly because we use recorded mail for higher value
orders. The reason I don't like to quote too much in the way of
shipping costs is that they vary so much according to what you order
- even with FT minis, some fleets have heavier ships than others -
the difference in weight between two different megafleets can be
considerable!

>Say, three FT MEGA FLEET DEALs , or  three FT NEW STARTER FLEET DBL
DEALs
>with either  FT-PAK-2 or FT-PAK-3, which, surprise surprise, would be
>exactly the 150GBP cutoff for the highest discount! ;->=
>
>For those with groups just starting, three FT NEW STARTER FLEET DBL
DEALs
>could be six different gun fleets, with the FT-PAK-2 being the carrier
>group everyone would have to try going against SOMETIME. I suspect
after
>the deals are explained, and someone figures out splitting six or so
ways,
>this might be very tempting.
>
>Oh, by the way, Jon, I'm not sure if someone pointed this out, but the
>difference between Starter Fleet(FT NEW STARTER FLEET DBL DEAL) and
starter
>fleet(FT-PAK-1) is probably something you should explain. Otherwise, my
>suggestion is very silly indeed.

The old FT PAK 1 contains the FT rulebook and two small 6-ship fleets
- it will remain available until all the books are gone; the "new"
starter pack is a larger single-force deal intended for those who
have downloaded the rules as PDFs and just want some ships.

Jon (GZG)