Prev: Re: [GZG] My tank is this big Next: [GZG] Re: OT Changes and Medical Weirdness

Re: [GZG] My tank is this big

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:01:51 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] My tank is this big

On Monday 25 July 2005 16:24, Ryan Gill wrote:
> At 4:33 PM +0200 7/24/05, John Atkinson wrote:
> >Check p11 for the limits on fixed forward weapon systems.  They have
> >30 degree fire arc, and may only fire before movement.  This means
you
> >better have them pointed precisely where they need to be pointed on
> >the activation prior.  This gives your enemy an entire turn to move
> >out of the way
>
> Ack! Is this the case for VTOLs too? I don't think it's come up in my
past
> games....but I can't be certain....Seems like I've made popup attacks
> mostly, but I have to wonder if there've been some strafing runs here
too
> where the helo moved then fired...

It does seem like a very big restriction. I can see why there's the
'fire then move' (otherwise you just end movement facing the target),
but I'd have thought the fire arc would be wider.

Especially for aircraft, which often don't have turrets but which
can line up on targets reasonably easily (well, it's not much of
an issue in computer games at least...)

--
Sam.					  http://www.glendale.org.uk/

Prev: Re: [GZG] My tank is this big Next: [GZG] Re: OT Changes and Medical Weirdness