Prev: [GZG] [OT] a really cool trailer from the UK... Next: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85

Re: [GZG] [FT] Admiral Kosov class Battlecruiser-Carrier?

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:06:58 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Admiral Kosov class Battlecruiser-Carrier?

On 7/20/05, Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:

> After finally getting a quick game run at the local store, and heard
the
> regular unanimous 'we gotta try this again', I've been mining websites
for
> alternative ships, I ran across Indy's design on that most holy
shrine,
> Cygnus X1,
> http://www.cygnusx1.info/

Wow, forgot that that resource existed!

> While the description mentions 'a lone class 1', the following system
list,
> and the SSD, has one non-symetrical Class-2 beam (AP,FP,F) as the only
> beam. Also, it has two FC's, so I'm figuring this was pretty much
typo'd.
> Did get me rethinking the whole non-symetrical debate, and wondering
if
> others have designs posted out there. You can even quote archives, as
I've
> not figured out the proper search parms.
>
> Indy, I'd be interested in your intended design, if indeed this was in
> error.

Looks like a typo error to me! Should have been moved to being
symmetrical. Two FCs were to reflect redundancy in targetting
capabilities, so if one were knocked out...the ship could still fire.
Of course, it only has the one battery, so if *that* were knocked
out...well, not all designs were optimum, now were they? *grin*

Of course, playing it with the assymmetrical beam would just add to
the non-optimized design, wouldn't it? *double-grin*

Mk

Prev: [GZG] [OT] a really cool trailer from the UK... Next: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85