Prev: [GZG] [FT] Admiral Kosov class Battlecruiser-Carrier? Next: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85

[GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:16:53 -0500
Subject: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85

LOS ANGELES - James Doohan, the burly chief engineer of the Starship
Enterprise in the original "Star Trek" TV series and motion pictures
died early Wednesday. He was 85.

The Canadian-born Doohan was enjoying a busy career as a character
actor when he auditioned for a role as an engineer in a new space
adventure on NBC in 1966. A master of dialects from his early years in
radio, he tried seven different accents.

"The producers asked me which one I preferred," Doohan recalled 30
years later. "I believed the Scot voice was the most commanding. So I
told them,'If this character is going to be an engineer, you'd better
make him a Scotsman.'

Prev: [GZG] [FT] Admiral Kosov class Battlecruiser-Carrier? Next: [GZG] James Doohan (Scotty) Dies at 85