Prev: Re: [DS] Fleet book for Dirtside II Next: New Spikeys

Proposal for Rule Mod/Request for comment wasRe: move and fire problem

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:36:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Proposal for Rule Mod/Request for comment wasRe: move and fire problem

Proposal: Fire on the move

Extra kit: 1 or 2 counters per ship defining points of
elective fire-on-the-move (# of counters determined as
a fraction of FCS available, or perhaps 1 counter per
ship FCS). Counters are numbered and layed out order
(1,2,3,etc)

Assumptions: Moves are 'by battlegroup' or player, as
agreed upon by the players.
Initiative is rolled before movement, loser goes
first.
Damage from combat will be simultaneously applied to
ships.

Format:
Players roll initiative.
Loser moves first, laying fire counters down along
path of travel.
Winner moves next, laying fire counters down along
path of travel.
(Any counters not placed during move are assumed to be
used at the end of movement as usual. )
Resolve combat between ships, using fire counters to
determine range to targets. Counters can fire on
like-numbered counters (1 can fire at 1, 3 can fire at
3), or can fire at ships in their final positions.

--- Adrian <al.ll@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm suggesting bending the existing rules (one ship
> at a time from
> alternating sides) not breaking them (hands up who
> wants to play SFB for
> five year olds).   ;-)
>
> I must admit to a degree of bias since this "rule
> bending" allows the high
> speed torpedo passes I favour.

Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"'DESTROY THE WITNESSES!!. Chaffing aside, I have no answer: I Excrete
Sour Cream!" www.wigu.com, 29 Jan 2003

XT350/DOD#1890

AND don't forget: Serenity releases 30 September!
Trailer at apple.com!!!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [DS] Fleet book for Dirtside II Next: New Spikeys