Prev: Re: move and fire problem Next: Re: move and fire problem

Re: move and fire problem

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:43:09 -0500
Subject: Re: move and fire problem

> Guys, PLEASE don't post in HTML / RTF --all messages to the list
> should be Plain Text only.

PLEASE let me know directly, or at least by name, if I violate this. I
know I've occasionally, sometimes in reply, picked up some bad setting
in
the past without even realizing it.

Thanks, Chris!

> >The only potential method would be to include firing in movement and
> not as a seperate action.
>
> That's a pain if you're using a plain tabletop (ie not a hex grid) and
> simultaneous movement...

You can get by in cine with everyone putting down their rulers along the

path for the first part of the move, and trying a shot, at say, a
quarter
of the way. A ship moving 8" would be a quarter of the 4" of that first
part of the move, or 2" from the start. A ship moving 6" would be 1.5".
Now, if you want to constantly check for the OPTIMUM point on the path,
there may be a way to work it out, but higher mathematics would seem to
be
involved. Especially if you put arcs in.

Add the complexity of keeping track of which weapons fired, and maybe
initiative, and I'm singing 'let's call the whole thing off'. Optional
mid-course firing, with simultaneous damage and all firing at the same
point in the movement sounds a worthy compromise.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: move and fire problem Next: Re: move and fire problem