Prev: Re: White Wolf to charge game fees... Next: RE: [OT] Sheep in the news...

Re: White Wolf to charge game fees...

From: Rrok Anroll <coldnovemberrain_2000@y...>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 22:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: White Wolf to charge game fees...

I really think everyone needs to chill out and sit back and watch what
happpens.... White Wolf could prove to be very reasonable in their
treatment of events....

Take a page from fandom...

Paramount is notorious for it's Nazi-esqe 'protection of their
intellectual property'.... and what do you have of it's fandom? you
have a history of two-three 'official' fanclubs that have mediocre
numbers and seems very quiet... There's hundreds of little local clubs,
and a number of large 'international' groups...

By comparison, Lucas doesn't seem to have such an image... I've heard
that they have vigilantly defended their rights... and they have their
own official clubs.... but the overall image in fandom is that fandom
is supported, even enjoyed buy Lucas... case in point... the 501st
Imperial Legion is a stormtrooper fan club that spans the globe...
literally... it literally has thousands of members... and the response
from Lucas.... last year they became 'canon' elements of the Star Wars
universe when they were mentioned by name (the reference quotes the
group name and moniker 501st Imperial Legion 'Vader's Fist') and this
year they're place is even more cemented in lore with the upcoming
Battlefront 2 game (if one watches the trailer at the website the
specific reference is '...as word of the first advances reached the
Five-Oh-First...').

Personally I think that if a mega-giant like Lucas can cultivate such a
fan-friendly atmosphere while still protecting it's rights... I think
White Wolf can figure it out too... from what I've seen of their booths
and groups, they seem fan oriented...

Remember, even light is shaped by the darkness that surrounds it, and
the true crafters are seldom ever seen. Welcome to the shadows kid.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: White Wolf to charge game fees... Next: RE: [OT] Sheep in the news...