Prev: Re: GZGers At Origins Next: Re: [GZGOLC] More New Ships from the ship yard

Re: [GZGOLC] More New Ships from the ship yard

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@k...>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 22:58:48 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZGOLC] More New Ships from the ship yard

Oerjan Ariander wrote:
> Any particular ideas of what you want them to look like?

Ok, some rough sketches in Canvas. Just the basic outlines. It should
be blocky and modular. It should basically be a hole bunch of
components with which it should be possible to do a whole range of
ships ending with a double hull design as sketched on the bottom of:
http://www.frits.cistron.nl/tuffleyverse/gallery/NSL_designs.jpg

or maybe even a triple or quadruple hull design if I can come up with
something smart for that central connector.

That big hull piece can be either a 'fighter bay' version or a 'big gun'
version. Maybe a triple hull version could be something like a big
'big gun' central hull with two smaller 'fighter bay' versions below it.

> Why not? If *I* can do it, anyone can...
Just a matter of gaetting the inspiration to sit down and cut some
styrene:-) There is still a whole bunch of treemen sitting on my table
waiting for me to finish the bases. And they have been sitting there
for a couple of months now.

Frits

--
Frits Kuijlman					    frits@cistron.nl
Delft, The Netherlands

Prev: Re: GZGers At Origins Next: Re: [GZGOLC] More New Ships from the ship yard