Prev: Re: Sensors or firecons? Next: RE: Sensors or firecons?

Re: Sensors or firecons?

From: "Flak Magnet (Tim)" <flakmagnet@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:58:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Sensors or firecons?

david garnham wrote:

> As for trying to jink a 10,000 ton plus starship, travelling at
thousands of miles per hour, to eveade a beam travelling at light speed,
I don't think that's very feasible. IMHO :)
>Dave Garnham

Jinking, no... rolling to distribute the energy an enemy's beam weapons
can transmit to a single area thus attenuating the damage... sure.  So
these ideas of using "spare" thrust to make it more difficult to hit
could be PSB'd into doing just that...

Personally, I'm not too keen on the thrust modifying the lock-on rolls,
but I do like the sensor vs. ecm approach for lock-on rolls.

--Tim

Prev: Re: Sensors or firecons? Next: RE: Sensors or firecons?