Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on Next: Fire Control lock-on.

Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@t...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:49:15 -0700
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

On 22-Jun-05, at 2:30 AM, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> Seeing as this subject has come up in the last few days' discussions,
> I thought I'd take the opportunity to canvass some opinions from all
> of you out there in gzg-list-land..... this is something that's been
> discussed at some length in the past within the playtest group, but
> sometimes it's both interesting and valuable to get some feedback from

> a much larger group of players.

Perhaps a small change in perspective: let the defending ship try to
"break" the
lock-on of a ship that is attacking it. If you think about it, the
reason that
an attacking ship is unable to lock on usually depends on some property
of the
defending ship. Either it has ECM, stealth, decoys or is performing
evasive
manoeuvres. Also, the effect of the failed lock-on may depend on the
defence
being deployed. For example, an ECM defence may produce a fuzzy target,
whereas
a decoy would produce a double target.

Tony Christney

Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on Next: Fire Control lock-on.