Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

From: Rrok Anroll <coldnovemberrain_2000@y...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:34:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

It's funny that you would ask this.....

I have been quietly been working on a set up for this... something that
would actually bring FT a little closer to the FMA system in fact...

The thing about the current system is that it combines the 'to hit'
rolls with the 'to damage' rolls in most (what, 2/3's? OA would
probably know the exact... ;-P) of the games weapons.... making a
separate to hit roll would stop this....

Adding a to hit roll I think opens many possibilities to the game, and
yet would still allow for scalability...

Some of the possibilities include proper implimentation of sensors,
ECM, etc... as well as being able to introduce a system quality element
similar to dirtside... which would also lead to being able to add crew
quality rolls... which could then lead to 'certain other' motivation
and morale rules already included in another game or two.... you could
also have a shot deviation roll, so that if you miss, you can still see
if the stray shot hit a different ship altogether....

And as far as complexity is concerned... Jon's the first one to tell
you that if you don't like a rule, don't use it...
Don't like the sensors and jamming... don't use them....
Don't like the crew morale rules, don't use them, don't like crew
quality and system quality charts... don't use them... It all just adds
up to ye ole 'Basic Rules/Advanced Rules'.... something even FT2 had...

Jon if there's any interest in seeing what I've worked up so far, and
passing it on to the playtest list, or even this list, just let me know
and I can send it whereever it needs to go...

Remember, even light is shaped by the darkness that surrounds it, and
the true crafters are seldom ever seen. Welcome to the shadows kid.

Tired of spam?	Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions