Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on

Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:23:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

I'd think this would be a good optional rule/rules, though we've seen
optional become official often enough. However, having worked on
home-brew
game systems at various times, admittely with little success, I'm aware
how
important it is to build the basic system in a way so the drop-in parts
can
fit. I'd suggest that the work in making functional room for the add on,
i.e. fits for those who wish to use it without feeling 'klunky', is
worth
the effort.

It's the kind of thing I'd tend to avoid; I've decided the next time I
play, I'll have a handful of color-coordinated-to-individual-system dice
for each ship when it's time to roll threshold hits so I can do it in
one
toss. I'm a K.I.S.S. kind of guy, remember.

Also, I agree with John (heavens rumble) about the granularity of the
current rules mitigating against it.

However, the concept is too common in so many stories/shows/movies it's
hard to leave out as at least an option. I just wish it could be done
without adding rolls. Contrary to Jon, I HATE adding any.

I know the RPG folk will use it as an example of my non-game-ness...
;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on