Prev: RE: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: Allan Goodall <awgoodall@g...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:37:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

On 6/21/05, The GZG Digest <owner-gzg-digest@lists.csua.berkeley.edu>
wrote:

> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 01:58:09 EDT
> From: VinsFullThrust@aol.com

> yeah, I run small ships games. they are very iteresting when the
largest
> ship in the board is a FF   LOL

Exactly. I've had a lot of fun playing games with a dozen or more
ships per side, none larger than a light cruiser.

There's a tendency for players to go for the big, sexy ships. In order
to play FT in a reasonable amount of time you have to limit the size
of the fleet if you have large ships. The larger ships tend to have
larger weapons, which means the engagement envelope is larger.

One of the first FT convention games I played in was an action with
lots of small ships. I find this more fun than uber-ship versus
uber-ship; the game is much more dynamic.

Allan

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: RE: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions