Prev: Re: Grazer Mass? Next: [FullThrust]Pictures of painted new ESU ships wanted + squadron suggestions

Re: Grazer Mass?

From: Rrok Anroll <coldnovemberrain_2000@y...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:57:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Grazer Mass?

Ahhh..... and there you have it... Thanks Oerjan

--- Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@telia.com> wrote:

> Rrok Anroll wrote:
>
> >Perhaps I missed this conversation in the archives, but am I right
> in
> >that the Grazer seems to have a sizing issue...?
> >
> >I know that the 'Mass'ing forumla for beam weapons is simple, 2xMass
> of
> >next smaller Class....
>
> Incorrect; only beams of Class 4 and larger use this formula.
>
> The reason beam classes 1, 2 and 3 *appear* to use the same formula
> is that
> you're comparing weapons with different numbers of fire arcs. Try
> comparing
> the Mass values of *6-arc* Class-1, -2 and -3 batteries and judge for
>
> yourself how well they conform to this "2xMass of next smaller"
> formula.
>
> >But the Grazer seems to only partiall follow this....?
>
> The *GRASERS* don't follow the *BEAM* formula at all, since their
> range
> bands are different (18mu instead of 12mu). They have their own
> formula for
> size classes 4 and larger, just like the beam formula only applies
> for
> *beams* of class 4 and larger.
>
> Regards,
>
> Oerjan
> oerjan.ariander@telia.com
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> -Hen3ry

Remember, even light is shaped by the darkness that surrounds it, and
the true crafters are seldom ever seen. Welcome to the shadows kid.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Grazer Mass? Next: [FullThrust]Pictures of painted new ESU ships wanted + squadron suggestions