Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] ESU Shipyard Update and more help with names... Next: Re: Decals

FT fleet proxies?

From: Andy Skinner <andyskinner@r...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:53:05 -0400
Subject: FT fleet proxies?

I have a Japanese fleet that I ordered because I liked the way the ships
look.  I'm
not particularly interested in the GZG universe, and I'm not at all
interested in
having a Japanese fleet.

Does anyone pick the models that they like, and the fleet design
doctrine that they
like, and mix and match fleets?

I'm attracted to the NAC designs, and played a battle the other day
using some
designs from that fleet with my Japanese models.  I think I'm likely to
play the
Japanese ships as a human fleet of no specific nationality, using NAC
designs.

Do other folks play with GZG ships, without thinking of them as the
specific fleet
from the GZG universe?

Do other folks play with GZG ships, using the designs from another GZG
fleet?

One of the things that I like about some of the other models is a lack
of obvious
guns, allowing proxying more easily.  The Japanese ships have visible
guns, and
that might make them harder to use other designs for, but I don't think
it'll be a
problem.  As I've mentioned before, I'm not crazy about the Japanese
fighters, and
hope to order some NSL and NI fighters sometime to see what they look
like.

thanks,
andy

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] ESU Shipyard Update and more help with names... Next: Re: Decals