Prev: Re: New GZG-ECC Scenario Next: Re: Decals

RE: Decals

From: "Thomas Pope" <tpope@c...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:53:48 -0400
Subject: RE: Decals

> I admit this is a bit of a technical question but... I've
> found with a lot of decals that when you put varnish over
> them, they tend to react and 'bubble up' and it ends up
> looking rather nasty, just before it peels off and looks
> even worse. Has anyone tested the decals to see if they're
> OK to be varnished over?

I've put both brush-on clear varnish (Ral Partha clear) and spray on
flat varnish (Testor's Dullcote) on these decals without any problems.

As with all decals, it helps to put down a gloss varnish before the
decal they stick better to smooth surfaces, and it also helps to use a
decal setting solution like Solvaset.

That said, I've used these both with and without those steps with good
success.  They are on the thin side compared to most offset printed
decals, which is good and bad.	They conform to surface details better,
but do take a little more care in application to avoid tearing.

Tom

Prev: Re: New GZG-ECC Scenario Next: Re: Decals