Prev: RE: Was at the Toy store and Next: Re: Was at the Toy store and

Re: Corrupting, er... converting new players

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:35:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Corrupting, er... converting new players

"Don M" wrote:

(if those fail, there is always gun point or my personal method,
the breeding of your own opponents.... )

LOL!

**Have one 24, 22, and 21.......and two of them are
even willing particepents...."for the most part"....)

(Then I found the DEEP divisions between the historical guys
(read that as  Napoleonic Anal-Retentive) and the Swords and
Sorcery and Sci-fi types.)

And we won't even talk about the LARPers, card gamers, train gamers...
I guess every subculture has to have it's own sub-cliques.

***We are (gamers I mean) a tribal lot.....)

(The Sci-fi RPG-ers that played Traveler or SFB were up for anything
at least once)

That's been my experience too, maybe because so much TV & movie sci-fi
revolves around space battles that it seems like a normal extention?

***Think that's so, and in the SFB gamers case it's the easier math
of FT that sell them.

(The hook I use on a new crowd is to make the table as visually
stunning as I can )

Agreed, although that *can* backfire.  I've seen gamers walk away from
minis
tables
muttering "I'd never have the time to build all that!"	Another reason
love FT: two
minutes splattering paint on a black cloth and you've got your
"terrain."

***The great temptation is to never over do it! I find if you use what
is
readily
available for your scenery it helps out.

Scott
"God bless the LARP-ers; they make the rest of us look normal..."

***At least in a certain light.......)

Don

Prev: RE: Was at the Toy store and Next: Re: Was at the Toy store and