Prev: Re: [FT] Fun for the end of summer... Re: Bencon 2005 Was: Is thereanybodythe... Next: Re: Corrupting, er... converting new players

Corrupting, er... converting new players

From: Scott Field <wscottfield@c...>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:44:29 -0600
Subject: Corrupting, er... converting new players

How to con role-players into trying Full Thrust:

At BenCon last weekend I ran a Star Hero RPG about a commando team
infiltrating an enemy-held planet to gather intel before the fleet
arrives.  The scenario then fed into a Full Thrust game that evening,
when the fleet arrived.  If I'd had more time to put something together,

I might've tied it in even more directly, with the player characters
from the RPG scenario commanding ships in the FT scenario. As it was,
three out of four RPG players were curious enough to see how the story
ended that they signed up for the minis game too.  Two of them had never

played a minis game before. Now they're hooked!  I probably would've
attracted more players if the RPG had been a more familiar ruleset (ie
d20 or Traveler), or based on a familiar setting like Trek or whatever.

Just a thought that seemed to work well enough. Take it or leave it.

Scott