Prev: RE: New Beta Systems was RE: Is there anybody there..... Next: Re: Bencon 2005 Was: Is there anybody there.....

Bencon 2005 Was: Is there anybody there.....

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:01:22 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Bencon 2005 Was: Is there anybody there.....

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

> I'm sure they're all busily playtesting the UN, NI, ORC and IFed
ships, and
> writing up their AARs.

Oh, god an AAR.  Ok, I'll give you the highlights...

BenCon 2005
Full Thrust Event
"Tau Draconis Engagement" by Scott Field

Fun overload.  What I remember:
I didn't get the names of my fellow players loaded into my memory.
Me (dyslexic 1), Dyslexic 2, Color blind man, Wife of color blind man,
Other human player.  Three vs two, equal fleet values.

Human side: Wife, Other human player
Alien side: Me(Dyslexic 1), Dyslexic 2, Color blind man

Standard fleet bash.  They brought pulse torps, we brought salvo
missles.

I nominate Dyslexic 2 for the Missle Command award of the month, maybe
even the year.	I've never used salvo missles in a battle before so I
went with his advice about missle placement.  "Missle Commander" put
8 of 9 salvos on target.  *Ouch*  We were using substandard missles
so damage seemed low.  Two smaller human did disappear after a single
salvo.	*Pop*

The human side also had weapon quality issues.	The pulse torps had good
guidance but didn't do much damage.  It's hard to get warhead quality
control testers I guess.

Both sides fought well.

Scott deserves acclaim as an excellent host and referee.  He offered
advice
equally well to both sides and made fair rulings on range and arcs.
Very well done.

But I do have to offer Scott a new nickname:
Scott "Where's my tape measure?" Field	 ;-)

St. Jon sent prizes.  *0oohhhhhh*  THANKS!!!!

The most fun I've ever had in an FT game.

Oh, and Hi Benhan!

Mike

Prev: RE: New Beta Systems was RE: Is there anybody there..... Next: Re: Bencon 2005 Was: Is there anybody there.....