Prev: Re: [FT] Agility, Stealth, and the Fist of Doom Next: [FT] Ship Design Fluff

Re: [FT] Agility, Stealth, and the Fist of Doom

From: Inire <inire@y...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:29:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Agility, Stealth, and the Fist of Doom

or, decree that all damage is simultaneous.

i realize it isn';t canon, but it works wonders for
us.

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> I said:
> > >Another approach might be to simulate the target
> ship's ability to
> dodge.
> > >Use Noam's "Stealth" mechanism at a -2 level if
> all fire is coming
> at you
> > >from one arc; at -1 if all fire is coming through
> two arcs; and at
> normal
> > >range bands if fire is coming from 3 or more
> arcs.
> >

> RBW quibbled:
> > So I have HMS Getthebastards and HMS
> Unnecessaryviolence shooting
> from
> > your FP arc, and HMS Popcorn shooting from your AS
> arc.
> Getthebastards
> > fires first at the -1 level; you return fire and
> demolish Popcorn
> > before it can fire. Is the -1 changed to a -2
> retroactively? What
> about
> > Unnecessaryviolence's fire?
>
> Another way to do this is to plot your Stealth/Dodge
> after movement
> but before any firing takes place.  In that case, I
> might order -2
> against the FP arc, and not worry about fire from AS

Jeff "My dice hate me!" Fearnow
Gaming to keep War out of RealTime!

"'DESTROY THE WITNESSES!!. Chaffing aside, I have no answer: I Excrete
Sour Cream!" www.wigu.com, 29 Jan 2003

XT350/DOD#1890

AND don't forget: Serenity releases 30 September!
Trailer at apple.com!!!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html

Prev: Re: [FT] Agility, Stealth, and the Fist of Doom Next: [FT] Ship Design Fluff