Prev: Re: [ADMIN] Testing Next: Re: [ADMIN] Service is restored

[ADMIN] Service is restored

From: "Matthew L. Seidl" <seidl@w...>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:26:17 -0600
Subject: [ADMIN] Service is restored

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: seidl
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:26:17 -0600
From: "Matthew L. Seidl" <seidl@ghost>

Mailing list service is (slowly) being restored.  Apparently sometime
Wednesday night the mailing list machine had some disk issues that
caused a number of things to cascade to a halt.  I've fixed the
problems and roughly 8000 email messages are now working their way
through the system, so it might take a little bit for everything thats
been sent to get out.  To the best of my knowledge, no email should
have been lost in this outage, but if after 24 hours you don't see
something you sent hitting the list, you might try resending it.
Please wait at least 24 hours though, so you don't make the situation
worse by adding more email to the queue.

My apologies for not getting this cleared up yesterday.  I was forced
away from any computers by some family medical stuff.  I should be
online this long weekend to monitor the machine though, and make sure
it doesn't fall over again.

- -=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@wraith.com
   =-=
=-= Research Scientist			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
- -=- http://www.wraith.com/seidl			   -Morrow
Quotes	   =-=
=-= My friends tell me I lead far too interesting a life.
   -=-
- -=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@wraith.com
   =-=
=-= Research Scientist			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
- -=- http://www.wraith.com/seidl			   -Morrow
Quotes	   =-=
=-= My friends tell me I lead far too interesting a life.
   -=-

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy

Prev: Re: [ADMIN] Testing Next: Re: [ADMIN] Service is restored