Prev: Re: [DSII] Sinking hover tanks Next: Re: [FT] De Re FTIII Re: [OFFICIAL] FT/FB FREE downloads are up, plus new Spring Special Deals!!!!

Re: [DSII] Sinking hover tanks

From: Charles Lee <xarcht@y...>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Sinking hover tanks

The hover ships / tanks that are landing craft still exert less than 8
pounds per square inches to go over the water. That means you have to
blow the skirt to hell and back and then most have water tight hulls
underside to float if power shuts off. If we do this today, why would
that change radicly in the future. Most engineers aren't brave enough to
go against proven techniques. :->   Does this help any?   ;-P
Roger Books <roger.books@gmail.com> wrote:Some time ago we had a
discussion about heavy hover tanks over water.	The conclusion was
that if the tank massed enough that the pressure/area (PSI in US terms)
was too great the tank
would sink while furiously blowing bubbles from under its' skirt.
Basicly a Hammer's Slammer
hover-tank would probably sink.

The thing we didn't discuss was how movement would affect this.  If the
tank were moving at
100KPH would this affectively give it a greater area under the skirts?

Any ideas?

Roger Books (offlist for some time)

Tired of spam?	Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com