Prev: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 11:09:41 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Chip wrote:

>The reason I used the COAX design was it was coupling the same gunner
with
>two very different weapons. As an example a turret could contain a
Class-3
>and a Class-1 Beam weapon. The reason I limited it to the same arc was
>account for the fact that the beam weapon is more than likely not
really
>coaxially mounted, but in fact each weapon can only target within the
same
>arc at the same time.

And the point pretty much everyone else was making is that two weapons
mounted in the same turret almost invariably DON'T fire at different
targets at the same time - they're either used against different targets
at
*different* times (eg. the coax MG on an MBT), or against the *same*
target
at the same time (eg. wet-navy battleship multi-gun turrets).

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn