Prev: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

From: Chip Dunning <chip.dunning@f...>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 22:42:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

I guess you could have two different types of turret mounts. Say that
the cheaper cost will mount multiple weapons, but all of the weapons
must target the same unit. An example of this would be the US Quad-50
mount from WW2.
	Using this example I could see someone wanting to mount 4
Class-1 Beam
Weapons on a single turret and consider it some high-speed beam array.
Given the cost reduction this would be useful in any Anti-Fighter and
Anti-Missile role.

A second turret design would allow the weapons within the turret to
target different units, but they would be limited to the same arc. An
example of this would be like the COAX on most MBTs or the guns on just
about any modern surface warfare combatant.
	The first turret design would be cheaper, but the second would
offer
greater flexibility.

For damage I think 1 check for the entire turret is the easiest route to

go. The reason is that it is just easier and this game works best when
the rules are quick and easy (IMO). Plus the whole design of multiple
weapon turrets is to save on common components - thus a single hit could

take out one of those common functions.

Chip