Prev: Re: [FT] Agility Next: "Full Burnean" - FT in the Gundam Universe

Re: [FT] Agility

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:49:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Agility

     This would provide a quasi-vector feel in
cinematic.
     the problem arises when written orders
resolve, as the sensors would 'see' a change in
heading and a higher thrust ship could not react
to a lower ship movement.
Answer: Throw out written movement, resolve in
thrust order; lowest to highest.
     The suggestion for the turn ability is to
allow any/all thrust to be used for turning but
not for acceleration. (I.E. remove the half
thrust limit)
     More than likely ships would be built with
lower than current thrust and wider weapons arcs
or more weapons.   Alternately, one could go for
higher thrust, a positional advantage, with
fewer weapons but larger arcs.

Bye for now,
John L.

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> How many of you vac heads would like to see a ship's
> Turn ability be
> uncoupled from its Thrust rating? For example,
> perhaps you could
> build:
> Freighter: Thrust  4 / Turn 1
> Courier: Thrust 7 / Turn 2
> Destroyer: Thrust 4 / Turn 5 (note that Turn is
> greater than Thrust on
> this one)
>
> And if you like the idea, what house rules would you
> suggest?

Tired of spam?	Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Agility Next: "Full Burnean" - FT in the Gundam Universe