Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: [FT] First Game AAR

Re: [FT] First Game AAR

From: "Stephen Scothern" <stephen.scothern@g...>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:27:31 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] First Game AAR

From: laserlight

> From: Stephen Scothern
> >Last night I played my first Full Thrust game :-)
>

> Congratulations!

Thanks! It was also my first ever miniatures game with fully painted
minis
:-) And also my wifes first miniature wargame ever.

> Don't have my books with me but just about everything (except PDS)
needs a
> firecon.

OK, don't think this would have affected the final outcome much, but
good to
know.

> >This took us about 3 hours to play
>
> As you get more practice, you'll get faster.	I usually play 1500-2500
> points per side and get it done in 2-3 hours.

I would guess that the number of ships makes more difference than the
number
of points? I wouldn't want to go below 4 or 5 ships, as I would think
this
would limit the available tactics somewhat.

> >Next time, I plan to to add in missiles/PDS, maybe using the UNSC
rules
> see how we like them, as these are my wife's favourite mini designs
from
my
> collection so far.
>
> One thing to be aware of when you add new weapons is that they often
take
> little practice to get used to.  The first time you use salvo
missiles,
for
> instance, you're likely to say "they suck!" because you're not used to
> getting them to their target.  You're just as likely to say "they
rock!",
> because you guessed well, your opponent is not used to dodging them,
and
> consequently gets vaporized.	Same thing applies to UN grasers, KraVak
> weapons, and so forth.

Thanks for the tip - I will make sure we both bear this in mind, and
post an
AAR when we finally get time to play another game.

Steve Scothern

________
This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is
intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in
error
please remove it and inform us via telephone or email.

Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are
free
from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any
responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.

The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the
author and do not reflect the views of Graham Technology as a whole.
________

Graham Technology plc				    http://www.gtnet.com
________

Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: [FT] First Game AAR