Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: [FT] First Game AAR

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:08:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] First Game AAR

Roger Burton West wrote on 04/29/2005 08:28:09 AM:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 02:20:39PM +0100, Tim Jones wrote:
> >FT FAQ says
>
> Yes, that's correct for the rules as published, but the FT
> FAQ is very
> out of date and takes no account of later statements.

Back in May of 2000, the savant formerly known as OO stated:

"Does the Enhanced Pulse Torpedo require a Firecon?
Yes, the Firecon ruling for FT2 still applies, though Jon Tuffley
states:
I think for the FB2 rules we should drop the firecon limitation for PTs
and
treat them just as any other weapon system "
Since the P-torp is a human rather than alien weapon this change didn't
make it into FB2, but it is IMO a safe bet to consider it [OFFICIAL].

See:
http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200005/msg00262.html

I can't find Jon's original quote on this, though I seem to recall
having
seen this. Of course, it COULD have been in a private note to Oerjan, or
on
the playtest list. I'm often dillusional, you know.

By the way, Indy, those of us who never got around to making pages think
you should beat yourself less for not keeping yours up-to-date. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada