Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: [FT] First Game AAR

Re: [FT] First Game AAR

From: Warbeads@a...
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 06:16:54 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] First Game AAR

In a message dated 4/29/05 5:04:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
roger@firedrake.org writes:

On Fri,  Apr 29, 2005 at 12:08:29AM -0700, Fred Schmidt wrote:
>Pulse torps don't  require a dedicated FC?

One FC per ship target, which can direct beams,  pulse torps, SMPs,
and/or any other direct-fire weapons you may happen to	have.

I kind of look at it like (Logic/PSB/because) this:

Missiles like SM and MTM/HM need an "Area" solution for either the
seekers
or AI/Seeker systems to start in.  I think of this as "Area  Targeting."

Algorithm 1.

To the FC finding a ship as target is a function -- once the  position
is
"Known" so all the DF (Direct Fire) systems have the same  input.  I
think of
this as "Position Targeting."  In reality the place  you are targeting
is a
pinhead on the ship mini due to scale differences.   Algorithm 2.

Needle Beams need a specific place on the target (which may differ  even

within sister ships of the same class), hence a different algorithm
("Precision
Targeting"- Relatively more precise anyway) hence a different  function.

Algorithm 3.

Algorithm 1 is a 'snapshot' (ACM - Air Combat Maneuvering - term  not
photo)
while the others are more 'number crunching intensive' with algorithm  3

requiring the computations much longer (exclusivity) then algorithm  2.

Gracias,

Glenn  "warbeads"

Prev: Re: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: [FT] First Game AAR