Prev: RE: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: [FT] First Game AAR

RE: [FT] First Game AAR

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:57:16 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] First Game AAR

From: Stephen Scothern
>Last night I played my first Full Thrust game :-)

Congratulations!

> The Ibiza limping along with 1 damage point left, and a single-sub
pack as
its only working weapon still managed to use it to destroy the Nanuchka
at
point-blank range (it doesn't need a fire-control - right?)

Don't have my books with me but just about everything (except PDS) needs
firecon.

>This took us about 3 hours to play

As you get more practice, you'll get faster.  I usually play 1500-2500
points per side and get it done in 2-3 hours.

>Next time, I plan to to add in missiles/PDS, maybe using the UNSC rules
see how we like them, as these are my wife's favourite mini designs from
my
collection so far.

One thing to be aware of when you add new weapons is that they often
take a
little practice to get used to.  The first time you use salvo missiles,
for
instance, you're likely to say "they suck!" because you're not used to
getting them to their target.  You're just as likely to say "they
rock!",
because you guessed well, your opponent is not used to dodging them, and
consequently gets vaporized.  Same thing applies to UN grasers, KraVak
weapons, and so forth.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: RE: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: [FT] First Game AAR