Prev: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:42:39 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

> With all these suggestions about putting limitations on fighters, I've
> got a random question for the general populace: how many people do or
do
> not use the CEF rule with fighters? I can see where if one opted to
not
> keep track of this fighters are essentially an infinite-use weapon
(hence
> why it was adopted). Maybe limitations or other caps can or should be
put
> on CEFs?
>
> All the wondering (having not played with fighters in over a year
now),
> Mk

   We play with CEF, and a relatively low number of fighters.  I've
 demonstrated the power of massed fighters to a couple of them once, but
not
 much in a "real" game.  That will change in the campaign we're doing
now.  :-)
   As has been mentioned here, with small numbers of fighters (typically
6-8
 at most) I usually see that the fighters run out of CEF right about the
time
 that they've been heavily reduced and need to reform in the carrier
anyways.

   It's amazing how much difference the playing style of your group can
change
 how well the game works.

   grant

Prev: [FT] First Game AAR Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada