Prev: Name change Next: Re: Yet another solution to the Fighter Problem

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:52:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

> >One can PSB anything. :->
>
> As long as one wants to tie oneself into a particular background,
certainly...

    Now now, the basic premise of not limiting the number of fighters
that can
  attack based on range is itself tied to particular backgrounds.  Star
Wars,
  Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Babylon 5, heck *most* televised sf
have
  fighters that need to get right up close and personal to attack ships.
 Not
  limiting the numbers of fighters that can attack in these backgrounds
would
  seem to require a handwaving psb it would seem to me.
    Bottom line, if limiting the number of fighters that can attack each
size
  of ship (perhaps based on mass) makes for a better game, then the rule
is
  far more important than the "reason" for it.	I know that some people
don't
  buy the PSB behind rolling for the number of missiles that attack from
  SM attack.  Thing is, it makes for a good game, so they let it go.
Now if
  you want to argue that limiting the number of fighters that can attack

  doesn't make for a good game, I'll listen.  Still I'd rather that the
reason
  it was rejected was that it doesn't work, not that we can't find a
reason
  for it.

   grant

Prev: Name change Next: Re: Yet another solution to the Fighter Problem