Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:21:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

>    Yeah, but this would be the "adjunct" portion I was talking about.
Those 200 strike boats are scattered all over hell's half acre, not
concentrated together as your "fleet".

My point is, you only need to train, at most, 1/500,000 of your
population
to provide crews for a fleet of 200 boats (which is roughly
approximately
6000-ish points, more or less, depending on the details).

>That may be a maintainable rate during war time, but it's likely to be
huge logistical drain any time else.

If the strikers can do jobs (recon, patrol) which would otherwise
require a
larger ship, they might be less expensive than a more survivable ship.
And I'd like to think they're not actually getting expended if it's not
wartime...but the IFed has been known to get just a teensy bit confused
about what constitutes "wartime". :-)

> Sorry, didn't mean to take this seriously....  :-)

Allahu akhbar! <grin>

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada