Prev: Re: Help! ISO a photograph of 25mm Diemos and Phobos Hover Tanks (or worst case, 1/300th) Next: Re: [SG2] House Rules for Fire Team Units

RE: Massed Fighter issue.....

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:29:32 -0500
Subject: RE: Massed Fighter issue.....

>>Or how about getting each Polity/Race Playtester to write up a
doctrine
>>paper, PDF it, and provide it free on the website?
>
>I got my start on Harpoon. Even there, the surest way to kill a Carrier
>Battle Group with 2 Aegis Cruisers and a mess of Tomcats was to get as
many
>missiles in the air from as many bear and backfire bombers as possible.
>The job of the Tomcats was to get your bears beforehand, but the name
of
>the game was swamp the defenses.

Well, as others have commented - overwhelming the defenses is often the
goal. And will remain as such for the foreseeable future in fleet or
small
unit actions instead of 1:1 duels.

If fighters get 'balanced' (and I'm happy for that to happen, though I'm
less convinced that it's needed) then the next thing will be
strikeboats, or
whatever...

David Rodemaker