Prev: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:41:32 -0400
Subject: RE: Full Thrust vs Starmada

This may be the wrong forum to rant about the GZG test list, so I'll
just say that Indy is right about people self-segregating.  Imagine if
you will that I pretty much delete out of hand any DS2 post on this
list.  You can be sure I do the same on the test list.

But Jon Tuffley is only slightly more active on the test list than he is
here.  The test list can go months without Jon throwing an idea on the
floor for discussion.  Jon usually spends months compiling ideas in his
log book or computer, then when business warrants it, throws some of the
ideas onto the test list.  I get the impression several ideas
percolating in his mind never do hit the list.	And generally speaking,
if the business of selling miniatures heats up, rules-writing slows down
or is dropped.

And then when Jon does throw an idea on the test list, you get a lot of
activity, and very few ideas are universally accepted.	When 2 out of 6
guys voice concerns over an idea, and another 2 out of 6 have doubts
about another idea, it can be hard for any idea to get traction.  (And
it's not like the test list has just 6 guys, but any given topic usually
has a max of 6 guys who say more than 'I like it' and 'Me, too'.)  Many
ideas thrown onto the test list never go beyond debate and into the
realm of playtest.