Prev: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Photos from Salute.

Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:43:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:00:40AM -0400, Flak Magnet wrote:
>
>>Woah, that's a thread I started back in February... Can't believe
that's
>>still getting attention.
>

> I still reckon FT has a far superior movement system. The SX weapons
> are nice, but primarily because you can fine-tune them - when it comes
> down to it they all come out as "roll a bunch of dice to hit, then to
> penetrate shields, then to damage". You don't get configurable
> placed-marker ordnance or much of the other interesting stuff.

Yes, I definitely agree.  The vector movement system is hands-down
better than SX's.  Though my group is still interested in playtesting
the SX movement system (regular and vector) in order to fully get a feel
for "vanilla" SX gameplay, the general feeling is that we'll bastardize
FT's vector movement system onto SX's rules.

>>Hopefully I don't get cast out from this list for heresy!  *grin*

St. Tuffley still gets his semi-annual(-ish) tithe from me and my gaming
buds.

--Tim

Prev: Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Photos from Salute.