Prev: Re: Re: Some Ebay items I (apparently only) am bidding on Next: Re: Bases

Re: Some Ebay items I (apparently only) am bidding on and [OT] culture obs

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:03:10 -0500
Subject: Re: Some Ebay items I (apparently only) am bidding on and [OT] culture obs

> I can't believe no one has bid on either one!

That's OK, War'. If they weren't in the UK, and I weren't lazy about
getting the money across, I'd give you a run for the items. I may be
just a
vacc-head, but anything painted has my attention, and I'm actually
charmed
by these.

I'm so bad about painting, as in the painting is bad, I'm still loaning
figs to folks to play with as long as they like, as long as they return
them if they bore of 'em. Have only gotten back a few painted ships, but
there's a fellow that's doing up an Evil Empire(tm) Praetorian box up
that's looking useful for possible future VSF.

> That's OK, I just picked up a Martian Metals Grav Tank for 5
bucks.....

That's 15mm, right? Sweet! I think I picked up a 'company' of same with
the
interchangeable hulls and tread/hoverskirt/whatevers, if they are indeed
MM's. Sound right?

There were also some heli/jets, that look a lot like Bell 47's.

> Frits, not Fritz! Dutch vs. German. Grumble, grumble, grumble...
> F.

Haven't had a lot of trouble with my name, though Doug occasionally
becomes
Dog. However, while I don't find the rapping total abhorrent, I do have
problem with being referred to as 'beastie'.

Don't rap, definitely not a 'boy'. Do claim to be 'beastly', though.

> I don't know what is bothering me more. People using obscure
> references or me knowing them:-)

'round these here parts, Zathras is NOT an obscure reference, pardnar.
;->=

> <grin> there's nothing short of physical assault which is worse to a
> resident of Macon than being called a damyankee.

This Nebraskan came damn near to blows several times while travelling
through the southeast. I am NOT a Yankee.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Re: Some Ebay items I (apparently only) am bidding on Next: Re: Bases