Prev: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: Next: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships:

Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:18:03 +0100
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

 The (e)steemed St J wrote: > Now, as you'll have noticed, none of these
[new ESU classes] have names yet - so I'm asking for suggestions from
you guys on the list.... obviously they need to be in keeping with the
original ESU class names, a mix of Russian and Chinese - so, any good
ideas? <   One, courtesy of my Russophile son, is the "Strelets" class.
It's a 17th-century Russian term for a rifleman or militiaman, so it
might be a good name for one of the smaller classes, particularly if
the ESU thinks of them as attrition units.

  OK, ta for that one - would fit nicely for either the FF or DD, I
reckon. Individual ships could then be named for Russian or Chinese
grunts, real or fictional.....

   > Oh yes, PICTURES... <   Just seen them on Dean's site... VERY
nice. So nice, in fact, that you may have to rework the original "new
generation" classes of BC and BB to make them fit the new fleet design
ethos -- although I suppose it makes sense for the hull layout to have
gone through a process of evolution, drawing ideas from the BC/BB/BD/CVL
and the newer CA as well. I can see why you talked about a Vor'Cha
resemblance for the SDN, and indeed, the whole set has a vaguely
Klinkish look to it, albeit with rather more pronounced surface detail
than the average Trek ship.

  The ships just released are only the first phase of the new fleet -
there will be a new SB, CE, BC, BB, BDN, CVL, CVE etc. all of which I
hope to get to work on as soon as Salute is over!  (Well, OK, maybe
after a couple of days of sleep....)

   Now all I have to do is resist their siren call... They do look
great, but I have more than enough unbuilt minis at present.

  No, Phil.... you NEVER have enough unbuilt/unpainted minis.....  ;-)

   Oh, no! They're calling to me... and I'm going to Salute... Aagh!
Call a bank manager! I... mussst... resist.....   <well, we all know
how that kind of battle ends, don't we? <eg>)

  We'll probably have some special deal packs made up with some of all
the new classes in for the show, if that's any help...? <fake innocent
smile>

   Phil ----

 .sig file supplied by British Railtrack ISP PLC.

 Currently out of order due to the wrong kind of bits on the net.

   -- for updates, e-mail atcliffe@perdicas.fsnet.co.uk (if you can!)

Prev: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: Next: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: