Prev: NOT new Battlestar Galactica types Next: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships:

Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships:

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:51:52 +0200
Subject: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships:

Jim Bell wrote:

>Well if you were going to make bases I'd rather see them circular. Hex
>bases have edges, which over the years seem to allow miniatures to fall

>over in one of six directions. The miniatures I have mounted on
circular
>based are far less prone to fall over.

In my experience circular bases are just as prone to fall over; they
just
do it in more random directions than the hex ones <shrug> In addition
the
circular bases don't make it nearly as easy to determine course changes,

nor (if you use the smooth GW-style bases rather than the "studded"
GeoHex
ones) to determine fire arcs.

Besides, if Jon is to make circular bases he'll have to sculpt new ones
-
the hexagonal ones already exist...

/Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: NOT new Battlestar Galactica types Next: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: