Prev: Re: new ships at salute.. attn Jon Next: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships:

Re: New KV designs, was Re: A remark...

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:04:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New KV designs, was Re: A remark...

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Laserlight wrote:

> > English, the Borg of languages.
>
> "English doesn't borrow from other languages, it mugs them"
>
> > Let's see, 1-syllable words
> > Kat, Kedge, Keg, Ken, Kid, Kiff, Kick, Kill, Kim, Kin, Kip, Kir
> (good
> > suggestion that), Kirsch, Kiss, Kit...
>
> Kvass, klieg, klick, knock, knack, klein, king, kith

If someone has a Scrabble(tm) dictionary, this might (seriously!) be
exactly the resource needed!

It's got piles of words arranged by length (and by first letter,
obviously) so you can find all sorts of one- or two-syllable "K" words.
All English, of course, but English has Borg'd so many foreign words you
should be OK!

Of course, I know Scrabble exists in other languages; Scrabble
dictionaries might too! Anyone know?

Brian
www.warbard.ca/games.html

Prev: Re: new ships at salute.. attn Jon Next: Re: Flight stands, was Re: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: