Prev: Re: Cold Wars and Historicon Next: Re: Cold Wars and Historicon

Re: OT - Victoria Cross

From: Rrok Anroll <coldnovemberrain_2000@y...>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:28:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT - Victoria Cross

Kinda makes you wish for the days of old Rome... at least then if their
heroes waited years for an award or honor, it was for a statue or
something similar. Nowadays, the best these deserving heroes will get
is a small slab in DC's garden of the fallen.... or a maybe a statue
that honors a group... or a wall with their names on it... You'd think
that with our advancement of killing the living, we'd advance in our
way of honoring the dead....

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/02/Tampabay/Iraq_hero_joins_hallo.shtml

> Alas, posthumous. :-(
>
> --
> Alan & Carmel Brain
> http://aebrain.blogspot.com
> mailto:aebrain@webone.com.au

Remember, even light is shaped by the darkness that surrounds it, and
the true crafters are seldom ever seen. Welcome to the shadows kid.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

Prev: Re: Cold Wars and Historicon Next: Re: Cold Wars and Historicon