Prev: Re: ... and [FT] Japanese Fleet Next: Re: OT - Victoria Cross

Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:59:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

> True, but that encourages people to run platoon as a collection of
> fireteams rather than as 3 squads.

But this is not "Platoon Leader Sim"...if it were, your PL would give
orders and then wonder what's happening, wait for reports, deal with a
company commander who thinks you're on a different map, and so forth.
:-)  Same thing as in in FT -- the commodore wouldn't be worrying
about which individual ship systems get repair rolls, or which PDS
gets assigned to which incoming missile, but the players have to deal
with it.
I suspect you're thinking "we're going to end up with Squad 1 Team A
on this edge of the map and Team B on the other side, when it wouldn't
happen that way."  I concur this would be a problem, but I think it
can be handled by use of the integrity rules and limits on how far
away the SL can be while transferring actions.

Prev: Re: ... and [FT] Japanese Fleet Next: Re: OT - Victoria Cross