Prev: Re: SG2tweaks Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units

Re: SG2tweaks

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:08:27 -0500
Subject: Re: SG2tweaks

***
By the way, please let me know if there's any interest in a board game
implementation of SG2. You'd need your own boards (ASL or Squad Leader
boards work well), but I've finished the rules. All that needs to be
done is a tweaking of counter sheets. I have counter sheets suitable for
humans, and for Phalons.
***
The second reason was to allow players to learn the game and actually
play it until such time as they had enough figures painted. So, it could
work as an introduction to vacc-heads.
It does play faster than regular SG2. There's no measuring, just hex
counting, and moving a unit involves picking up one or two counters
instead of a bunch of figures and several counters.
***

Well, I've the books from SGII as well as DSII, but never got further
than
a couple of simple run-throughs and one SGII demo that Hobie tried
several
years ago. Certainly sounds like this might be a way for me to give it
another go. As Chris pointed out, maps should be no problem, though a
packrat like me has a bit of everything, including old SL boards.

*old man shudders at the thought of diggin' in the basement, yet again*

Are you planning on putting this on your site (or is it there and I'm
too
fumbly to find it?), or should I make this my formal request for a copy?

Thanks, y'all!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: SG2tweaks Next: Re: [SG2} House Rules for Fire Team Units