Prev: Re: OT: A bit of ECC Humor AND Battle Report Next: Re: Looking over the Beta test Heavy Missiles

Re: CNN.com - Soldier killed in Iraq receives Medal of Honor - Apr 4, 2005

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:44:06 -0500
Subject: Re: CNN.com - Soldier killed in Iraq receives Medal of Honor - Apr 4, 2005

At 4:20 PM -0400 4/4/05, Michael Sarno wrote:
>http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/04/medal.of.honor.ap/index.html

Yeah, I heard about this fight months ago on the air. The man stood in a
M113 manning the TC's .50 keeping hadji's heads down while his engineer
unit withdrew from the building's lower floors. The Hadjis had the upper
floors and were threatening to overwhelm the engineer unit that was
there.

I heard on the news this morning that his son would be accepting the
Posthumous MOH for him. It got me a bit choked up.

-		  Data Center Operations Group		      -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		       One CNN Center SE0813 E -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	     e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191					       -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: Re: OT: A bit of ECC Humor AND Battle Report Next: Re: Looking over the Beta test Heavy Missiles