Prev: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: SG2tweaks...

Re: SG2tweaks

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:06:15 -0500
Subject: Re: SG2tweaks

> > I'm also inclined to make fireteams, not squads, the maneuver unit
for
> > SG, which would help a bit....but that's an old debate.
>
> Really what is the difference?

The main thing is that SG is an odd sized game.  If you run a platoon
using squads, you have 4-5 units, which is low for a wargame.  Two
platoons is just an odd size, and a company is too big unless you have
several players and all day. OTOH, if you break a squad down into two
or three fireteams, then you have 8-15 units in a platoon, which is
about the right size.  Further, most teams won't have more than one
heavy weapon.

Prev: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: SG2tweaks...